YOUR MEDICAL APPIOINTMENT – DO YOU NEED TRANSPORT?
SWF Community Care is a local charity which provides a door-to-door service to take South Woodham Ferrers residents, who have difficulty arranging their own transport, to medical appointments normally within Basildon, Chelmsford, Braintree, Southend and Maldon areas – including the Crouch Vale Medical Centre.
Transport is provided by pool of volunteer drivers.
How it works: The patient or their carer calls the Community Care Co-Ordinator:
SANDRA : 01245 321180
Please give as much notice as possible. A Message can be left if no one is available to answer the call.
· Co-ordinator arranges a driver from the pool and rings the patient to advise of the driver’s name and confirm pick up time.
· On the day – the driver takes the patient to the appointment and waits for them, before taking them back home. Patient is requested to put a voluntary contribution in an envelope and gives it to the driver.
· There are suggested contribution rates (depending on the distance of the appointment), but it is entirely on what the patient can afford.
· The volunteer drivers are reimbursed for petrol expenses at the end of each month.
· If you require further information, please contact Sandra on the number above.
This information has been supplied about this service for patients by Govani Chemist.
A Local Chemist is of immense help to the community, Use it or Loose it.
14 Queen Elizabeth Square
South Woodham Ferrers
Chelmsford, Essex. CM3 5TD
Tel: 01245 321910